[AusNOG] Over 25% of Verizon Wireless Traffic Is Now Over IPv6

Kevin Karp ausnog at pps.com.au
Fri Apr 19 08:32:23 EST 2013

Hi Scott

> I wonder what percentage of that 25% is to 2 sites - Facebook and Google...

That's one way to slice the numbers.

I'd like to look at the numbers another way... as an absolute traffic volume how does that 25% of Verizon's wireless traffic compare to...

1. the absolute volume of ALL Australian wireless traffic
and also to
2. the absolute volume of ALL Australian traffic

Would the volumes be comparable? Would the Verizon wireless v6 traffic exceed all of Australia's traffic regardless of protocol?

The engineer in me wants the numbers -It would be great find out!

Regards

KJK

[e] kevin at ipv6now.com.au
[p] +61 2 9212 6044