[AusNOG] For AusNOG amateur radio licensees

James Spenceley james at iroute.org
Thu Apr 18 18:09:23 EST 2013

I still remember the debates on using ROSE or TCP/IP for the ax.25 packet gateways. Guess TCP/IP was the right choice huh :)

My first Internet access was via the ax.25 ham radio gateways back in 1991-2'ish. The intent was you could hop across the Internet to other ax.25 gateways but if you poked around you could also exit into the IP world and connect to the various university machines, I'm pretty sure that was never the intent but man an account on a UNI machine sure was useful :)

James
ex-VK2AUP (who really should renew one day)