[AusNOG] For AusNOG amateur radio licensees

Greg McLennan mclennan at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 18 17:29:13 EST 2013

Thanks Kai for the info.

     I started in the technical world as a licensed amateur operator
back in 1990 @ 15 years old.

Just to add a twist to suit the AUSNOG forum, early in the days of
amateur radio and the Internet the ham radio operators got togther and
managed to allocate themselves the *44.x.x.x/8 *network !! ( I thinks
theres plenty of blocks available still in that range if your a ham
radio operator and like to toy with IP !! )

Info on the 44.x.x.x/8 range :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPRNet

OR

http://www.ampr.org/whatwedo.html