[AusNOG] Bigpond POP3 Down

Joshua Small JSmall at daraco.com.au
Thu Apr 18 15:23:37 EST 2013

Hi,

Is this even still in use?

http://go.bigpond.com/emailupdate/

Telstra don't seem to specify if they've completed moving everyone to Bigpond.Live, but they initially claimed it would be completed "During 2012".

If anyone in particular is struggling with the offline POP3 service... POP3 SSL seems running fine on port 995.

This does have an interesting impact on ISPs - it used to be that "Run a mail server" was part of your expected package, and infrastructure you had to maintain. Several ISPs have moved to Microsoft's platform now and seems to be an emerging trend.

PS Yes, their service page in general looks down to me, I'm seeing "502 Proxy Error".

Joshua Small