[AusNOG] VPLS OSPF question

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Thu Apr 18 10:51:53 EST 2013

Why are you going down the VPLS path/topology?

VPLS is primarily for Layer 2 connectivity between sites - transporting
vlans to various sites, it doesnt sound like thats what you require.

It sounds like what you actually want is an Layer 3 MPLS VPN.  At each
site you run an IGP or iBGP to the service provider, who emulates your
core network aka "the MPLS VPN", and your done.

Brad