[AusNOG] Very funny NBN skit

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:07:18 EST 2013

I would not count a DSLAM as last-mile infrastructure no.

Yes, it's infrastructure, and it's expensive, and I do sincerely hope that
the people who made such an investment have been able to recoup costs and
make an appropriate level of profit based on their investment.

But my (layman's) understanding of the decision to negotiate with Telstra
and Optus was based on a combination of last-mile copper and HFC networks.
 I'm not saying I agree or disagree that they were the only parties with
whom negotiations should be made, in fact on that matter I'm insufficiently
educated and will reserve judgement.