[AusNOG] VPLS OSPF question

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Wed Apr 17 09:51:14 EST 2013

Im aware iBGP generally requires an IGP as well, to distribute loopback
information at a minimum, and that is is generally slower to propagate
updates than the likes of an IGP - thats all 101 stuff.

What I dont get is why this would make BGP any less useful internally. I
mean, if I had to peer 200 sites across a VPLS I'd probably do it with some
form of BGP rather than an IGP.