[AusNOG] Moderated/Vetted AusNOG list to reduce the guff (was Re: Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.)

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:05:36 EST 2013

On 14/04/13 6:18 PM, Bevan Slattery wrote:
> Ok Tim,
>
> Let me respond.
>
>> 1. I think someone mentioned recently that list membership was somewhere
>> up around 2500 people. If those of you who are whinging so loudly about
>> this one think you can create another with a greater collective brains
>> trust then why don't you do it. For that matter, why don't you put your
>> money where your mouths are and unsubscribe from this one?
>
> 1.  How do you think the Ausnog list started?  How do you think the
> critical mass of "collective brains" was created? I actually handed
> ausnog.net domain to the Ausnog committee a few months back.  That should
> give you a hint.

Understood and acknowledged. I really liked $x band before they were
cool as well. Now all the hipsters are in on it... and selling vintage
clothes on my nature strip... GET OFF MY LAWN YOU FILTHY HIPSTERS!

> 2.  The unsubscribe feature didn't work for me - tried that last night and
> one address worked the other didn't (this one).  Admin might want to look
> at that for me.

That's what happens when you let whirlpool types loose on the mailman
install, apparently.

> 3.  Found www.ausnog.com was available this morning.  Bought it, but I
> wouldn't activate that because that's underhanded.

Where's your sense of adventure? You should register
bevans-super-noc-friends.com and make applicants pledge you puppies and
fellatio before signing them up. It'll be like an iPhone launch. You'll
be beating them back with sticks. Cyber sticks.

> 4.  Will start a new Network Operators List by the end of the week with AS
> requirements.

On 13/04/13 6:37 PM, Geordie Guy wrote:> What if the unthinkable happens
and AS ownership doesn't turn out to be
 > a reliable indicator of someone who'll converse the way you want?

>> Bye... Enjoy your utopian nirvana of intellectual purity.
>
> Will do.
>
>> Respect--
>
> Hahaha.  I must thank you for motivating me into action.

The first one is always free... that's how they get 'ya =)

T.