[AusNOG] Moderated/Vetted AusNOG list to reduce the guff (was Re: Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.)

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Sun Apr 14 18:18:11 EST 2013

Ok Tim,

Let me respond.

>1. I think someone mentioned recently that list membership was somewhere
>up around 2500 people. If those of you who are whinging so loudly about
>this one think you can create another with a greater collective brains
>trust then why don't you do it. For that matter, why don't you put your
>money where your mouths are and unsubscribe from this one?

1.  How do you think the Ausnog list started?  How do you think the
critical mass of "collective brains" was created? I actually handed
ausnog.net domain to the Ausnog committee a few months back.  That should
give you a hint.
2.  The unsubscribe feature didn't work for me - tried that last night and
one address worked the other didn't (this one).  Admin might want to look
at that for me.
3.  Found www.ausnog.com was available this morning.  Bought it, but I
wouldn't activate that because that's underhanded.
4.  Will start a new Network Operators List by the end of the week with AS
requirements.

>Bye... Enjoy your utopian nirvana of intellectual purity.

Will do.

>Respect--

Hahaha.  I must thank you for motivating me into action.

Cheers

[b]