[AusNOG] Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 14 08:31:48 EST 2013

+1

The cat got out of the bag when the mailing list name was published in the main stream media around 12 to 18 months ago IIRC.

I think a level of vetting of subscribers could be useful, to determine if their experience and/or knowledge would add value to the list. That isn't hard to do these days with LinkedIn or Google to determine their background etc.

(I don't like server related questions or topics on this list because I chose to give up dealing with disk full errors in the late 90s. If I was still interested in that, I'd subscribe to SAGE-AU or some other far more appropriate mailing list too.)