[AusNOG] Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Sat Apr 13 15:49:03 EST 2013

> Could someone who has experience dealing with such requests explicitly
> confirm or deny that the Australian government or judiciary sometimes
> expects and/or requires Australian ISPs to block IPs or websites as part of
> their obligations under the law, entirely apart from the voluntary
> blacklist regime?

Without wishing to appear rude.... which part of ...."cannot discuss
ANYTHING about it to ANYONE" wasn't clear?

*IF* there was anyone here who *DID* handle such requests on *ANY* sort of
basis (daily, weekly, or EVER), they would *NOT* be permitted to say
anything about it - even to confirm or deny the existance of such orders,
much less if they had acted on any.

I appreciate your desire for information, and I'm sure a whole lot of
journalists would LOVE to start a massive sh!tfight over it, if they could
get hard evidence. Which is likely the biggest single reason there is a
gag on anything to do with such orders (if indeed, they exist!).

So please, go ask the people who CAN give you information.
Those here may KNOW the answers you seek, but being ABLE to tell you is a
completely different thing. So who CAN tell you? "The relevant department"
as stated earlier. (Good luck with that, BTW, and please let us know how
you get on!)