[AusNOG] Warrnambool Exchange Fire Investigation Report

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Tue Apr 2 10:34:42 EST 2013

I imagine with the benefit of hindsight they are now doing a
cost/benefit on each exchange and seeing if its worth putting in.
Its probably cheaper for them to loose service for a while and fix it
rather than put eleventy million halon systems in.

I do hope NBNco is doing a lessons learnt from this though, their
concentration feels like its going to be much higher, loosing a POI for
a couple of weeks would be a "bad thing".
I wonder at what point in the network it would be feasible to slap a
wireless/satellite/whatever on top of a box and replace the POI (at a
reduced rate) until the POI is back up.