[AusNOG] News: Minister Conroy contemplating Government-Funded undersea cable?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Fri Sep 28 17:10:46 EST 2012

The irony of Turnbull being against monopolies I'm sure isn't lost to
members of this list, unfortunately the rest of the public are too stupid
to realize that without a government monopoly you end up with things like
the gang of four (even more ironically due to Telstra being government body
in the first place, allowing them to do the dodgy deed with very little
government intervention at the time).

Honestly we should just spend the 40 billion on buying some of Google, and
let them do their thing :D