[AusNOG] News: Minister Conroy contemplating Government-Funded undersea cable?

Bob Woolley boblobsta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:58:51 EST 2012

"I've often said, if the international market doesn't improve, for $250
million out of a budget of $40 billion dollars, I'll build an extra pipe
between here and the US to drive prices down,"
he told attendees of the Columbia Institute for Tele-Information conference
in New York this week.

So he is going to build a under-sea cable from New York to the US?
This is our Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy.
Sigh.

-Bob