[AusNOG] Telstra blacklist?

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Wed Sep 26 15:45:00 EST 2012

Hi Graeme,

This isn't directly the answer you are looking for but...

If it's one of your smart-hosts that is blocked...

A) Find out what blacklist you are on:
http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results/?host=203.153.192.30
B) Add that RBL List to your smart-host server
(Looks like dnsbl.inps.de)
C) Don't accept any email from your compromised hosts.
(Or send the email to a bad-mail server with a different IP address, that keeps trying to re-send and is the one that gets blocked instead of your actual smart-host.).

This way your bad mail gets blocked lots and lots, and, hopefully, some of your good mail might get through.

If you aren't smart-hosting with a bad-mail dump, perhaps consider setting one up, to scrub your outgoing email.

As for getting removed from Telstra's naughty mail server list? That one I can't answer.

S.