[AusNOG] International connectivity issues?

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Wed Sep 19 17:18:37 EST 2012

Hello,

We had a brief problem with two of our platforms as a result of the IX traffic floods. The border router terminating our Equinix peering had it's CPU thrashed and we isolated the IX point for a while to let it calm down. Some ethernet customers were also impacted on our other platform due to the specific type of multicast frame on their services being pushed to the CPU of the device. A few of them were using point to point ethernet services to backhaul their peering to another location. This one is being followed up with our vendor but we've dropped in some filters to prevent any further impact.

An updated event notification has just been passed on to the NOC here for dispatch to customers. Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions but as my inbox is quite full, it may take a little while for me to get back to you.

Macca
Vocus