[AusNOG] NBN Suggested Contention Ratios

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Tue Sep 18 11:23:34 EST 2012

No need to reinvent the wheel, connection contention ratios have been the
same for about 20 years, just the actual numbers increased. You could look
at ISP uplink contention for example, or international 'NBN' examples.
Basically, the contention is higher than DSL, but the base rate is also far
higher.