[AusNOG] Strange DNS issue

CAS Netlink Support support at cbl.com.au
Mon Oct 29 10:38:27 EST 2012

Hi Sean,

It did eventually sort itself out on Sunday with the big T's DNS servers
falling in to line, but the question does make me want to answer it with
another question that may help me prevent this situation in the future. :)

I did the TLD nameserver glue query and it returned a Host ID and
hostname but no IP. To be honest, I didn't think the .au TLDs had/used
glue records that I could alter. With .com, .net etc I've always kept
those up to date but I've never really heard anything about .au glue or
seen anywhere they can be maintained. The nameservers for the .net
domain that had problems are .com.au hosts so I guess my next question
is how do I fix the glue?

Regards,

Gary
Untitled Document