[AusNOG] Experience with Global Switch, Sydney?

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Mon Oct 22 09:08:33 EST 2012

That's a good summary of what it's like at GS.  The only thing I can add
is when you are man handling a large server from the dock 2km down to
your suite through numerous doors and cage's  with no trolly after
making your way back down to the dock you were only just at 10 minutes
before because you had to go through the stupid man trap.  Just as you
collapse without even some old cardboard to break your fall (cardboard
banned)  You will be dreading the day you ever heard the name global
switch.

Power/Air/Services are all second to none. But make sure you have
redundant everything sitting ready to go in your rack. Allow 2 hours
always once you get parking and stuff around with there procedures to
get a new server in.

Matt.

--
/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
         Fax    1300 133 255     Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         SIP 1300137379 at sip.spectrum.com.au
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/