[AusNOG] Correlation between voting zones and NBN Rollout zones.

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Oct 9 14:31:24 EST 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 01:25:53PM +1000, Glen Greig wrote:

 > To me it looks suspiciously like those NBN areas are tending to be built in
 > areas of high population density like suburbs and currently avoiding areas
 > like forests and farmland.
 > Looks like prudent planning to me.

I thought the same thing -- I bet all those Liberal voters living on
top of Mount Coot-Tha will be burning up with jealousy.

The other thing worthy of mention is that the green "3" regions won't
even start planning until after the next election, and are unlikely
to be completed until the one after.  The purple "1" areas might just
squeak in before next year's election, so I guess all those billions
of ALP voters living on the airport paddock will be beside themselves
with glee.

I wonder if we can work out who produced the diagram by seeing who
lives at the red indicator next to Keparra? :)

  - markk