[AusNOG] Warrnambool exchange

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Mon Nov 26 13:30:45 EST 2012

It's amazing that these are the same sorts of people who dont want to
"Gold Plate" the power distribution network because of the 1 or 2 days a
year of downtime that would be a result but are proponents of gold
plating the teleco network.

The old adage. Faster, Better, Cheaper Pick any two .

Matt.

On 26/11/12 1:17 PM, Damian Guppy wrote:
> Hmmm, yes. We should all move to wireless because of an outage that
> cut both physical lines and wireless (mobile) services, that will fix
> our problem! Some one give this guy an award.
>
> --Damian
>

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Ross Wheeler <ausnog at rossw.net
> <mailto:ausnog at rossw.net>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Matt Perkins wrote:
>
>         Here we go.  It was only a matter of time.
>
>         http://www.standard.net.au/story/1144950/mayor-wants-answers-over-telstra-breakdown/?cs=12
>

>     "Maybe we should be looking further ahead at satellite and
>     wireless links rather than relying on physical lines."
>
>     <sarcasm>
>     Ahh, right, because satellites just can't fail. And even if they
>     did, you can courier a replacement there overnight. conroy is on
>     record saying that "his" satellites "don't have latency
>     problems"... so it all sounds like the perfect solution.
>     </sarcasm>

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
         Fax    1300 133 255     Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         SIP 1300137379 at sip.spectrum.com.au
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/