[AusNOG] Warrnambool exchange

Karl Hardisty karl at mothership.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 13:06:43 EST 2012

On 26/11/2012, at 3:01 PM, Ross Wheeler <ausnog at rossw.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Matt Perkins wrote:
>
>> Here we go.  It was only a matter of time.
>> http://www.standard.net.au/story/1144950/mayor-wants-answers-over-telstra-breakdown/?cs=12
>
> "Maybe we should be looking further ahead at satellite and wireless links rather than relying on physical lines."
>
> <sarcasm>
> Ahh, right, because satellites just can't fail. And even if they did, you can courier a replacement there overnight. conroy is on record saying that "his" satellites "don't have latency problems"... so it all sounds like the perfect solution.
> </sarcasm>

"Cr Neoh said he was concerned that with the promised rollout of NBN high-speed broadband into the region there would be even more reliance on technology."

I thought we had a preponderance of stupid on this side of the Tasman when it came to politicians (favourite line from an MP: 'I did a little google'), but I see competition is heating up.