[AusNOG] Q about time zones especially UTC

Brad Evans brad at delion.com.au
Fri Nov 23 14:33:24 EST 2012

Isn't EST for North America and we more specifically use AEST?

It's certainly confusing for the eastern states to use AEST during
winter but then only some switch during summer. Those that operate by a
different set of rules should perhaps use a different time zone
designation during the winter months, no?

In many systems these time zones are well defined such as
Australia/Sydney  and Australia/Brisbane being two different options.

-Brad