[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 12:02:30 EST 2012

Well, perhaps it's time to conduct our own enquiry.

If the issue is misuse of market power, or inappropriate regional
"collaboration", or some other anticompetitivr behaviour, then the ACCC
should be called to act.

Perhaps we could aggregate the complaints? Perhaps a 'supercomplaint' is
warranted? I can't tell without looking at the evidence.

This particular situation is rather looking like a case of commercial
arrangements and thought out business deals rather than anything malign.

It's not a misuse of market power to rehome your network (unless you're
deliberately trying to manipulate the market) and you don't have to tell
downstream players about it beforehand.

Routing will tell thr truth to all in the end...

Happy to help compile complaints if people want.

What do you think?

Narelle Clark
president at isoc-au.org.au