[AusNOG] Anyone experiencing any performance issues from AU East to US West?

Emily Ozols wingar at team-metro.net
Tue Nov 13 16:44:57 EST 2012

Hi All,

Currently I've noticed some extremely slow speeds (40KB/s) from my
home connection to anywhere in the US. What I normally do in this
situation is download whatever I'm trying to download to my box in
Global Switch Sydney, but I was only getting 100KB/s downloading to
that box, so then I download to my box in LA then to my AU box, then
to me.
Problem is, right now the max I'm getting between my Sydney box and LA
box is 600KB/s. I usually get 6MB/s.
Anyone know if anything's happened lately?

Thanks
--
~Em