[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Fri Nov 9 15:49:37 EST 2012

Perhaps that would be the case, but then the question becomes one of
inappropriate market position, does it not?

At present, regulation provides the imperative that Optus and Telstra
require to peer in the fashion that they do. With that regulation
removed, industry concern needs to be weighed against actual competitive
concerns instead of against a mandated arrangement, surely?