[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Nov 9 10:35:47 EST 2012

On Nov 8, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Luke Iggleden <luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au> wrote:

>> http://www.pch.net/resources/papers//peering-survey/PCH-Peering-Survey-2011.pdf
>
> Great data, thanks Bill!
>
> In particular, it's very interesting to see that 99.51% of the peering relationships were set-up by handshake agreements.
>
> I wonder how many of the formalized agreements were in fact the paid asymmetric agreements?

I don't have exact numbers, but it's a fraction of the 0.27% of the asymmetric ones.  The vast majority of those were just agreements where one side had minimum terms (must meet in N locations, must exchange at least Y amount of data) and the other did not.  So, maybe 0.01% - 0.02%?  That's just an estimate, though.

                                -Bill