[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Fri Nov 9 10:23:26 EST 2012

Just because no money changes hands, does not mean its free.

Port costs.  Interconnect costs.  Network complexity costs.  Monitoring costs.

How much does establishing a PoP in another DC to pick up peering cost?

Sure, you can soak most of that into your normal ongoings and operations, but its there.

Brad