[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Thu Nov 8 13:51:25 EST 2012

On 08/11/12 13:43, Luke Iggleden wrote:
> On 8/11/12 1:42 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
>>> ________________________________

It does exist, and quite successfully in some countries.

If you look at a country like Thailand, all ISPs/carriers are required
to peer . This is in a country where domestic traffic is significantly
greater in volume than international traffic.

If the GoF did present at peering points, their businesses wouldn't
suffer massively one would assume . They'd still sell plenty of transit
to those not buying capacity on cable systems, large corporates would
continue to buy from them due to their want for a single provider with
national reach (which is debatable in value) and so on.

Regards,

Chris