[AusNOG] IP Address Management

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Tue May 15 20:19:37 EST 2012

Hi All,

Our preferred program for this is Men and Mice's Suite of software,
* DNS Management
<http://www.menandmice.com/solutions/DNS-Management/default.aspx>
* IP Address Management IP4 & IP6
<http://www.menandmice.com/solutions/IPAM/default.aspx>
* DHCP Management
<http://www.menandmice.com/solutions/DHCP-Management/default.aspx>
* DNS Analyzing and Monitoring
<http://www.menandmice.com/solutions/dns-analyzing-and-monitoring/default.as
px>

Yes we are a dealer for them, though  I can say we've used it since ~1996
and support has always been first class.

If you want any more information contact me off list :-)

On 15/05/12 5:00 PM, "Dale Shaw" <dale.shaw+ausnog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amante,
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Amante Alvaran <mants at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Just wanted to check if there¹s anyone using the following for their IP
>> Address management (IPAM) and what do you think about it? I think it¹s
>> useful to have than excel spreadsheets especially when you start doing IPv6
>> addressing
>>
>> 1.       BlueCat
>
> Thumbs down for BlueCat, I'm afraid, at least in terms of support.
>
> Their support, both direct and through their channel, has been really
> disappointing.
>
> I recently tried to resurrect some ~2008 era BlueCat appliances that
> we removed from production some time ago. I simply asked for a
> temporary/time-bombed copy of their current software (the original
> software was hopeless) so that I could perform an evaluation.
>
> It all seemed too hard for them and went nowhere, so I gave up. We're
> still using a customised IPplan [1].
>
> cheers,
> Dale
>
> [1] http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec), MBA
Director

 Minopher Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
 15 Nevana Street     Fax: +61-3-9763 3309
 Scoresby,  3179 Victoria
 Australia