[AusNOG] IP Address Management

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Tue May 15 16:20:52 EST 2012

We've done some work setting up Infoblox with an infrastructure provider
that was deploying a large number of metering devices in the field to
monitor customer usage.  The setup is fairly straight forward, and the way
they work is actually pretty cool - tying  your IPAM to DNS and DHCP is
really sweet, makes device address mobility and DNS->IP updates automatic
and smooth.  A lot easier than having to update a whole bunch of disparate
systems every time you move something.  They have a good system of
redundancy for the boxes and for larger organisations with a lot of sites,
it's pretty easy to recommend.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want to discuss in more detail.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.