[AusNOG] 10gbit iSCSI SAN's which support active sync across multiply enclosures

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 13 22:56:43 EST 2012

On Sun, 13 May 2012, Adam Nock wrote:

> Quickly looked at their website, i THINK it was the MetroCluster system, but i might be wrong.
>
> I remember liking that all their gear (bar the poor little SAN at the bottom of the heap) supported all the features they had on offer (via feature licensing of course).
> It might mean you can get the small size you want with good DR potential.

Being an admin of a MetroCluster, it does do what it says on the tin, but
doesn't meet this requirement:

> I’m looking only for a 2RU to 3RU unit with about 4tb to 10tb of RAID 10 SAS storage.

The controller alone will be 3RU, plus another 2RU for the disk minimum,
and ideally you'd have two shelves. We also evaluated IBM V7000 which has
a remote mirroring feature and has dual controllers and disks in 2RU. And
as others have mentioned, EqualLogic, although we didn't look too close at
that.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |