[AusNOG] Point to Multi-point Wireless Tech.

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed May 9 16:36:13 EST 2012

Hi Noggers,

  Have a client interested in setting up a point to multi-point wireless
network of sorts. We have scoped out a decent area to get line of sight
to all endpoints we require, we are looking at transmitting up to 14km
away with a throughput (in some cases) of 20mbit/20mbit, and possible a
single point to point of 100mbit/100mbit at 5km distance.

  Just interested in noggers experience with different
vendors/hardware/technology to achieve such a network? Reliability would
be #1 priority, with lowest possible latencies #2.

  Look forward to hearing from you all!

  If any actual vendors are on list, I'd prefer you contact me off list
as to not spam your sales pitch, more looking for real world experience
from others in the discussion :)

Thanks,
Joe