[AusNOG] UK ISP's told to block P2P

Nicholas Meredith nicholas at udhaonline.net
Wed May 2 12:42:11 EST 2012

It's even stupider than past cases, as I see it now it's even more
perplexing; court rulings I read about for British Telecom placed them, BT
(the ISP), as responsible for wearing all costs of implementing a (likely
flawed) site blocking solution; all to protect somebody else's copyright.
 Surely it is the copyright holder's responsibility to enforce their
rights, not innocent 3rd parties.  Next I suppose we will see TV stations
and content creators outright billing device manufacturers of Free-to-air
HDTV receivers, because viewers might have recorded transmissions using
them?

-ndm