[AusNOG] OT: Police Wardriving. Where else but QLD!

jason andrade jason at pobox.com
Fri Mar 23 16:46:04 EST 2012

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Jarrod Hassell wrote:

> That was the basis of my assumption; just because I leave my door
> unlocked, doesn't mean that you're not trespassing if you enter.

If you drop your wallet in the street and someone picks it up,
right at that point is it theft? What if they open it and read
your home address on your licence and walk up to your house
(with the open door) - is that identify theft, stalking, intent
to steal, grand theft auto..

While it is entertaining to read the bush lawyer analysis [IANAL]
ultimately is anyone going to quote with reference to Austlii or
similar?

regards,

-j