[AusNOG] OT: Police Wardriving. Where else but QLD!

Ryan Benson mail at ryanbenson.net
Fri Mar 23 11:47:36 EST 2012

Are the Police doing this because they have nothing better to do
(obviously not) or are acting because they are seeing a large increase
in people reporting 'hacking' cases and don't really know what to do
about it. For example if a customer finds out all their quota gone 2
days into their billing cycle, do they ring their ISP or the Police
and say 'Help someone has hacked me?' I can imagine this happens quite
a lot.

I agree TV commercials would be more affective, but does this
ultimately come down to the ISP's responsibility to inform customers?