[AusNOG] PIPE DC1/2 BNE - FYI

SpartanIT ausnog at spartanit.com.au
Wed Mar 21 21:47:00 EST 2012

Copies of the Pipe notices below, it's going to be a long night.

David

Dear Client,

PIPE Networks wishes to advise of an impending unscheduled network outage at DC1 & DC2, 127 Creek St Brisbane. Due to power issues within the building, it is likely there will be a resulting network outage until the situation is contained by building management.

PIPE staff are working closely with building management to get the situation under control and more details will be made available as soon as we have them. This outage will include any PipeEthernet, PipeIP & PipeIX services delivered from the site.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

PIPE Networks Pty Ltd

Dear Client,

Please be advised that due to a a localised issue within 127 Creek St, the Level

9 data centre (DC1 & 2) is currently running on UPS. Water has been identified in the rider cupboard that houses the local power distribution boards for these facilities. The water is believed to be coming from a higher floor and is working its way down the building.

Due to the high risk of an electrical fault, the power has been turned off. At this stage we have no guarantees that the generators will be able to supply power and therefore advise you gracefully shut down your equipment as a precaution for the UPS power failing before the generators are allowed to start.

Current estimated 15 minutes before power is cut off.

We are also concerned that temperatures in the facility may rise as the Air Conditioner units are also fed from the same riser cupboard.

Building management are on site working to rectify the issue and PIPE's electrical contractor is in constant contact with the NOC regarding the situation.

We will provide updates as more information becomes available.