[AusNOG] Off Topic - Identity Theft & Fraud in Australia

Scott Graham scott.graham at 1motive.com
Mon Mar 19 14:39:10 EST 2012

Hi Noggers,

I just wanted to inform you all of some activity in Australia I have had
happen within the last week.

I have had Identity Theft & Fraud related activity with my Name & Date of
Birth for the last few days including the attempted creation of Bank
Accounts, Credit Cards & Mobile Phones.

The information was gained by a hire car docket, missing / stolen from the
vehicle on the day it was hired.

If it wasn't for the MyVedaAlert's I subscribe to ($51.95 a year) I wouldn't
know how much I would be liable for...

I rate subscribing to this http://
<http://www.mycreditfile.com.au/personal/> www.mycreditfile.com.au/personal/

Kind regards,