[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri Mar 16 02:19:25 EST 2012

On 15/03/2012 1:42 PM, Geoff Huston wrote:

> Australia is a little better than the global average, with 0.83% of clients shows a preference for IPv6, and some 4.1% of Australian clients shows themselves as being capable of fetching an IPv6-only object. (http://labs.apnic.net/ipv6-measurement/Economies/AU/)

> The general picture is that the IPv6 numbers are really quite low numbers at present, but the next year or so will be fascinating to observe.

indeed - especially as a significant fraction of Australian clients (and elsewhere)
would be hanging off HE tunnels currently, and so will be being counted as US-based
users. As ISPs in Australia enable native IPv6 there should be a significant uptick in
the Australian stats as people already using IPv6 become 'rehomed'  to a local address
range.

Paul.