[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net
Thu Mar 15 03:22:17 EST 2012

Wouldn't happen.

I've met the IPv6 guys from Google and even IPv6Day was a big thing for
them, because no one wants to cut off access to their customers - even if
it is 0.01%.

Google was comfortable with IPv6 Day because many others were involved and
it was publicised well, so most people would know why it had happened if
they were broken.

That said, they apparently were so happy with the results from IPv6 Day,
and everything learnt from it, that they've decided to go ahead this June
and turn it on permanently... which I think it awesome.

Perhaps in a few years (more like 10) we will be organising 'NO IPv4 Day'
where people turn off IPv4 to see how well people survive ;-)  That would
be SOOOO cool!

...Skeeve