[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Wed Mar 14 12:59:34 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:25:24PM +1100, Ryan van Klaveren wrote:

 > Any info you have would be helpful regarding the setup of the radius reply
 > attributes you used for the Billion 7800NL routers.

Cisco have done a pretty good job of documenting it here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipv6/configuration/xe-2/ip6-adsl-dial.pdf

The usual practice would be to have an ipv6 local pool on the
LNS which is used to assign a prefix for SLAAC-derived interface IDs,
then for the CPE to request a delegated prefix by DHCPv6.  The LNS
will answer the DHCPv6 query using data returned by Radius.

You probably want to use a Framed-IPv6-Prefix or the
ipv6:delegated-prefix Cisco-AVPair instead of a Framed-IPv6-Route,
for what it's worth.

A far wordier, more detailed guide for IOS is here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipv6/configuration/xe-2/ip6-adsl-dial.pdf

The documentation available is substantially better than it was
at this stage last year.

  - mark