[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net
Wed Mar 14 10:03:18 EST 2012

Looks like we agree.

My worry is that the rush to deal with IPv6 migration methods will be a lot
like the old days when moving from 28.8 to 56k... and all the ensuing
incompatibilities because vendors couldn't wait with Hayes, USR all coming
up with their own standards like V.Fast, V.FC then K56Flex, X2 and so on...

What will be the transition versions that carriers like Cisco may come up
with which are proprietary and non-compatible with other vendors.  Will it
happen? Of course it will... who will be first?

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM