[AusNOG] CDR Billing and how to determine type of call from called number

Peter Blackford peter at onemetric.com
Sat Mar 10 17:54:12 EST 2012

You biggest issue is going to be determining what a local call is. There
appears to be a lot of definitions about what a local call is. I assume you
are talking VOIP which in most cases there is no local rate it is just
charged at a national rate.

All the rest are easy, if it starts with 02, 03 etc or even 612, 613 then
it is national, mobile is 04 or 614, 1300,13,1800 are the same. You can
either look at the start of the phone number to determine it or use regex.

On 10 March 2012 17:31, Sam Scafe <samantha at smellyblackdog.com.au> wrote:

> Guys****
>
> ** **
>
> I am looking for information on how to process telephone cdr’s so I can do
> accurate billing.****
>
> What I need to do from the called number is work out****
>
> ** **
>
> **-          **If it is local****
>
> **-          **If it is a National Call****
>
> **-          **If it is Mobile Call****
>
> **-          **If it is a 1300/13/1800 etc****
>
> ** **
>
> I have been told of a beast on the ACMA website but unable to locate it.
> If anyone can help please contact off list****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Regards****