[AusNOG] FW: Solar flare

Mat Walker matw at iseek.com.au
Thu Mar 8 17:12:18 EST 2012

Concur.

Over the past few years we've seen a few;

%SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-3-ERROR: Error condition detected: TM_NPP_PARITY_ERROR

errors come up in anything from C2911, C6500 to C7600's, which results in a system reset.

All perfectly healthy devices, having never exhibited any problems ever before, and haven't since they day they threw the above error and reset.

In 99% of cases, I was able to correlate the above event with a large spike in solar flare activity on NOAA's website.

Oh look, its 16:00 AEST. Happy CME everyone!

Mat Walker
Network Operations Manager
iseek Communications