[AusNOG] Fwd: Dell R210 Server - Power Supply

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Thu Mar 1 11:01:02 EST 2012

I have a pair of R210 IIs running virtual machines for one of my clients
with ganeti taking care of replication etc.
quad xeon, 8gb ram and it fits in a (deepish) wall mount rack
(http://www.4cabling.com.au/products/6RU-550mm-Hinged-Wall-Mount-Server-Rack.html)
with 2x 1Tb hdds for ~$1600
Unlike the R210 the R210 II is quiet, suitable for an office environment
in the same room as staff, with about 20% cpu usage the cisco 2960 POE
switch above it in the rack makes more noise.

Thing dell doesn't know is their mounting rails are way too long for the
server, they are designed for minimum 600mm between uprights, I needed
to cut mine down with a bandsaw even after I explicitly asked dell if
the rails were made to fit the shallow racks they advertise the server for.

For the OP, is it atx compatible? the plug looks about the same.
Could you perhaps temporarily hang a regular ATX supply out the back of
the server, take photos then submit to thereifixedit.com?
;->