[AusNOG] Fwd: Dell R210 Server - Power Supply

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 10:27:17 EST 2012

The R210 has no redundant PSU, but it's quite a funky little server. At only 15.5" (40cm) deep (according to Dell) you could fit it in some small places (eg. shallow comms racks), but it leaves zero space for a second PSU.

Any redundancy would have to be at a higher layer (ie. virtualisation across multiple of these boxes).

As below, you'd have to call Dell. If you don't have warranty for it, you might have to pay for that to get the PSU quickly or maybe a warranty upgrade to quicker service, depends how urgently you need the PSU.

regards,
Tony.