[AusNOG] "All your router devices are belong to us"

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Sat Jun 30 18:42:39 EST 2012

> dd-wrt FTW

>From the slashdot commets:

"At least 3 of the routers affected (EA3500, EA4500, E4200v2) are using
Marvell chipsets. Not sure about the EA2700. Which means that, unless
someone decides to add chipset support, DD-WRT doesn't run on these
routers."

And if you have to use dd-wrt, then buy a super cheap router that has
dd-wrt support and don't waste your money with the expensive name brand
that is feeding all your internet traffic to some US government agency.

There are the major issues:

(1) You no longer control the hardware that YOU bought and own

(2) They can fork all your traffic to some foreign nation state where you
     are considered an "alien" and where you have no rights. You have NO
     privacy.

(3) YOU .... yes YOU!!! are paying for all of this through the purchase of
     the traitorous hardware and the TCP/IP bandwidth YOU are gifting them

No corporate in their right mind would allow such sh*t into their network.

Regards
Heinz N.