[AusNOG] Hotel room device identification

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Wed Jun 27 15:41:18 EST 2012

Hi Skeeve,

It's not clear if you're looking for something to use yourself or if it's
going to be something you're planning on selling.

If it's for personal use, have you tried an Apple Airport Express?  I used to
carry one with me everywhere, worked very nicely for this - until it
developed a fault (I think it got dropped once too often).

The new Airport Express is now sub-$100, has two ethernet ports, and a power
cord.  The old one had no cord, it plugged straight into the wall, which was
fine if the hotel room desk wasn't hard up against the powerpoint (as many
are).

Regards,

        Jeremy Begg