[AusNOG] Telstra's Texan Teaser - Tin Foil Stetsun anyone?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Jun 26 09:41:15 EST 2012

Just spent the last 20 minutes calling around, spoke to ACCC who
dutifully and correctly informed me that they do not deal with Privacy
Concerns, which this is, and I was left pondering why I would even call
them in the first place (as I knew this ?! :/).

Spoke to the privacy commissioner (privacy.gov.au), whom suggested I
need to contact Telstra about it as a privacy complaint, give them 30
days to respond, and if no response or inadequate response, log a
privacy complaint over at oaic.gov.au.

  I mentioned my phone call and the answer I was given, and that there
is no opt-out, Privacy commissioner office said that if I was unhappy
with that answer, log a complaint to oaic.gov.au straight away, which I
will do now, and leave it with them to see if they can sus out an
'official answer' to this occurrence.