[AusNOG] Vocus Harbour Crossing

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Fri Jun 15 23:54:29 EST 2012

Read the charter. I don't disagree it is awesome, just saying perhaps it
isn't for this mailing list to this extent. Were it to be an outage thread
or similar, 10+ responses is fine, but simply a masturbatory act....

For those interested, ignoring transmission/routing delays, 400m relates to
about 1.5 micro seconds depending on the frequency and extact medium.
Adding routing gear brings that up to about 200 micro seconds round trip. I
can't compare to other connections, but if reducing the latency to that is
such a huge difference, then its more condemning of the idiots that control
the other connections...

Welcome to Australia, the land of bandwidth raping.